Friday, September 19, 2014

Day Five + Day 4 Recap

I finished. It's done. I'm done.
These are the words that I repeat as soon as I finish those middle ten minutes. I'm breathing heavily, my right calf is cramping and I am done. That's it. I don't have to do it again until tomorrow. Today's run was harder than Wednesday's by a lot and as I was walking home I think there are some answers for why this was.
1. I ate a sno cone about 2.5 hours before I ran. This sno cone was packed with sugar and I just don't think that was my best idea before a workout (and not a good food choice)
2. I slept. I woke up from a nap and was out the door within 30 minutes. Nap felt great, but also don't think was the best idea.
3. I didn't hydrate as well today, my mouth felt really dry during the run and my muscles were crampy
4. It's friday. The last thing I wanted to do was go run/crawl on the side of the road, but- I did it!

Yesterday: Literally was the sloshiest day I've had in awhile. Didn't do anything, not even homework! It was also a Thursday which meant all my friends were going out so no one wanted to walk the greek with me. Maybe another day....

Tomorrow is my first distance run and I'm not gonna lie I am pretty nervous. I am also anxious to see how long it will take me, to get a better idea of my pace.

Cheers to progress and not quitting!
But the Lord stood with me
and gave me strength
2 Timothy 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment