Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day Three + Day 2 Recap

I guess we will start with yesterday. Yesterday was one of those days that everything just seems to pile on you out of no where and I had zero motivation to get anything done. I had an exam today that I had to study for, but I was feeling confident about it(over confident in hindsight) so I wasn't stressed. I went to study group and did my review and felt pretty good about my few hours of studying. Then I decided to go out for dinner when I started to get a migraine. I think I get headaches way more often than the average semi-healthy college student, meaning I probably get 3-4 a week. My migraines have a way of making my eyes hurt and it becomes painful to read, drive and I become very light sensitive. So I did what every girl does best: I called and cried to my mom, then took a long shower and slept while the advil did it's thing. Long story short, my plan was to go for a decent walk yesterday and do some ab/arm exercises but life got in the way. I had a pretty good food day yesterday so I won't call it a total waste! I also hauled my 20 pound backpack 15 minutes across campus and back, a semi workout?

But, today was a victory! I ran today! I didn't really want to because I was in a good amount of pain from Monday's run. My muscles, which hadn't been used in ages, were sore and I was walking funny around campus from it. It was also really humid out(yay Texas heat) and looked like it was going to rain. But never the less, I finally put my lululemon clothes to work and got out there. The run wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was less negative and it didn't take me as long to recover. But, I also ran at a slower pace. That is one thing I miss about running with people, you have incentive to keep up with them. 
On another note, I had a pretty terrible food day. I had a donut and half a bagel for breakfast(carbs) with a sandwich and macaroni for lunch(carbs) and cereal and chips as a snack(carbs)!! The only positive is that I am realizing what I am putting in my mouth, which I have to consider a small victory. I recognize what I am doing wrong(only eating carbohydrates) and need to eat more protein and things that come from the earth. I also am upping my water intake, so I am curious to see how that will make me feel. So far, just have to pee a lot. 


Cheers to progress!
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand,
that he may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment